Angular velocity

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Apr 8, 2007 at 8:09 AM
Awesome work on the managed library guys! :o) I'm hoping you can help me track down a problem...

I've set up a simple demo (http://chriscavanagh.wordpress.com/2007/04/08/3d-physics-xbap/) where one sphere bounces off a couple of static ones. After the collision the moving sphere 'spins' in the wrong direction (its overall bounce direction seems ok though). I see the same problem in your sphere demo (after moving camera close and switching to wireframe). I figured out I can "improve" it by hacking (inverting) the angular velocity in the IntegrateTransform function (TransformUtil.cs). It'd be great if you could suggest where I should look for the cause of the problem; thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2007 at 6:57 AM
You can look into BulletRigidBodyDemo, there's an example how to get proper World matrix for objects.
Apr 9, 2007 at 6:09 PM

KleMiX wrote:
You can look into BulletRigidBodyDemo, there's an example how to get proper World matrix for objects.

Hey thanks KleMiX, I'll take a look. Would you expect your sphere demo (where all the small spheres are dropped onto the huge one) to have the same problem though? Looking closely at how the spheres roll, they seem to spin in the wrong direction too...

Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2007 at 6:18 PM
The purpose of that demo is to show that some collisions are working :)
The other demo are more advanced and is showing some more serious stuff.
Apr 11, 2007 at 4:44 AM

KleMiX wrote:
The purpose of that demo is to show that some collisions are working :)
The other demo are more advanced and is showing some more serious stuff.

My bad :o/ Guess I wasn't doing the transforms quite right. It's working great now, so thanks! :o)