NEWBIE Questions

Topics: User Forum
Mar 27, 2007 at 8:09 PM
Bullet is a physyics system that is compatible with XNA game development that will work on the XBox right?

What is the current state of development? Is 3d and 2d physics supported? I have been over the site, and it is all a bit beyond my technical know-how.

I am just curious, and am amazed at what the development community takes on. So good job on that. I am a 3D guy, and could make some models for testing if that would help.

On a scale of one to ten, ten being a working physics solution that could be incorporated into 3D games - where are things at??

What is the relationship between Bullet and XPA?
Coordinator
Mar 28, 2007 at 10:55 AM
1. Yes
2. Early alpha, in the near future there could be an alpha release. 3d at the moment.
3. Yes some models can help. In april I'm planning to add mesh collisions so some models would be great.
4. 4 but maybe 3+
5. We need easy-to-use physics that could work on X360 and PC - it's XPA. Bullet is too low level IMO so it's not easy-to-use but it can work on X360. So when Bullet will be more stable we will implement XPA layer for it, doing so you will be able to use Bullet through XPA or PhysX through XPA or any other engine that will be supported by XPA and there will be only one line of code difference between using them. This will be explained more clearly when we will be moving towards beta.