Drag and Drop Support

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 24, 2007 at 4:55 AM
http://www.ziggyware.com/news.php?readmore=202

I wrote an article on adding drag and drop support for the Content Files.

Its very simple and makes the tool alot easier to use :)
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2007 at 5:58 AM
Wow, that's cool! I'll try to add more functionality to XCB after DBP Warm Up :)
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2007 at 2:03 PM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 8950. You may wish to continue further discussion there.
Mar 31, 2007 at 7:37 AM
First off, thanks for the article on adding drag-n-drop support to XCB. It greatly increases the app's usability.

Just wanted to let you know that the article you wrote will only recurse 1 directory deep when adding content. Any nested directories will not be read.

I have made a number of enhancements including fixing the aforementioned bug such as:
  • Add drag-n-drop support of .proj files to the main window
  • Add drag-n-drop support of pipelines to the pipeline window
  • Force Properties window to update regularly so that loading a project file doesn't cause the default properties to stick around until the button is pressed
  • Save the last loaded project file into the registry when XCB is closed and load it when XCB starts
  • Fix XCB to work on 64-bit vista
  • Enable multi-select to pipeline and content windows in order to remove several items at once
  • Enable ability to use 'delete' key to remove content or pipelines

I would be willing to share these changes if desired. (I realize not all of it has to do with this discussion topic, but I didn't want to create a new post for each thing)
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2007 at 2:55 PM
That's great work! I made release with drag&drop but can't create release on the codeplex...
That would be great if you share your work.
Mar 31, 2007 at 4:27 PM
I have created a work item: Enhancements to drag-n-drop, Vista 64-bit fixes, etc. with the changes I listed above.