Bullet bug fixes

Topics: User Forum
Dec 29, 2006 at 4:59 PM
How would you like small bug fixes to the XNA bullet library?

I'm starting to use bullet in an XNA game, so i'm finding a few bugs and happy to submit the fixes.

For example heres two

VoronoiSimplexSolver.cs :

Line 8:
change from
public class UsageBitfield
to
public struct UsageBitfield

Line 81:
change from
public SubSimplexClosestResult m_cachedBC;
to
public SubSimplexClosestResult m_cachedBC = new SubSimplexClosestResult();

Bye,
Deano
Coordinator
Dec 29, 2006 at 9:10 PM
At the moment we haven't created any official releases of Bullet and that's because it's full of bugs and even sphere collisions aren't working...
But yes if you wan't to test it out you're welcome, I'll fix all bugs that will be reported or try to fix :)
Dec 30, 2006 at 10:29 AM
Yer I understand its not officially release but some basics bits seem to be working. I've got sphere to box collision and dynamics working. Its possible there some penetration problems at the mo, but haven't yet ruled out data errors from me.

Hopefully I can help find bugs etc. I've got a fair bit experiance in this area :)
Coordinator
Jan 2, 2007 at 7:28 AM
That would be good. If you will find some bugs post them in Issue Tracker.
Jan 2, 2007 at 5:49 PM
I have created a little test project for the current source. (With the irrlicht wrapper)... there are two cubes - one for the ground (static) and one which should fall on the ground... i don't want to post alle the source but maybe you know why i get an error when the cubes just hit each other:

Code:

// in VoronoiSimplexSolver

public void Reset()
{
m_degenerate = false;
SetBarycentricCoordinates();
m_usedVertices.Reset(); <- null reference
}

Thanks
Coordinator
Jan 2, 2007 at 6:19 PM
Currently we are debuging CollisonWorlds, Broadphase and SphereSphere collisions... When we will solve this then we may go to debug other collision algorithms...