BulletX Dependencies

Aug 2, 2007 at 7:17 PM
I am a developer in an MMO project that has committed itself to using XNA. We are looking for a physics engine and would like to consider BulletX. We are going to feature some simulation on a remote server and I am wondering what BulletX's exact dependency requirements are.

It needs: Microsoft.XNA.Framework, correct?

Does it need: Microsoft.XNA.Framework.Game?

Anything else I should know trying to run BulletX in on a dedicated server-type environment?

Thanks! You guys have a great project!
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2007 at 7:48 PM
Hi.
It does not need Microsoft.XNA.Framework.Game, maybe in the future some of the features will use it, but now it doesn't.
You should know that BulletX is in Alpha stage so it is not recommended to use it in production environment.
Aug 3, 2007 at 2:00 AM
Thank you for your response.

We're just hobbyists looking for something quick and easy to pick up. I have read through the user's manual from the c++ SVN and I was wondering something:

We're going to need a "trigger mesh" system where some objects need to fire off an event when a user collides with them. When we were looking at Open Dynamics Engine, they had a mechanism called "spaces" where colliders could participate in 1 physics simulation; however, they could be colliding with objects in different (shall we say?) universes of discourse where you could have something where A can collide with B and B can collide with C, but A cannot collide with C. How would you implement that in BulletX???
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2007 at 5:42 AM
It will be implemented in XPA Bullet. In BulletX it is not available.