Spinning out of control before hitting?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 20, 2007 at 3:49 AM
Hello,
I have been implementing the Ode version of this library, and I am seeing something odd. I am doing the extreme basics, and read the tutorials and samples, so I must be missing something obvious. I created two Solids and added BoxShapeData to both. One is static, the other not. I also made the non-static one to non-sleep. I positioned the non-static one above the other, and it gradually starts falling correctly. However, when it starts getting closer, it starts spinning uncontrollably way before it comes in contact, and continues on its decent. This seems to be at a set distance, so it will fall normally until it hits this invisible barrier, which is about the height of the falling object. I have noticed the CovertOdeMatrix function in the demo, but this doesn't help, and shouldn't, as the world matrix shouldn't change until I come in contact.

I am hoping this is a common behavior that shows something else needs to be set up. I have been going through the sample and I can't find anything I am missing. Again, it is weird since it falls correctly for a while, then shows this behavior.

Thank you for any help, and thanks for making a cool library!
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2007 at 7:02 AM
there's too much bugs in ode version and they are impossible to debug...
sometime this summer we will start converting XPA to support Bullet.